Relaxed performances are aimed at encouraging and welcoming audiences who could benefit from a more relaxed environment including those with a condition on the autistic spectrum, people with learning difficulties, sensory or communication needs, so they can enjoy and experience live performance.
We aim to create an experience that removes and reduces obstacles to attendance including anxiety and unfamiliarity through creating a supportive and less formal atmosphere.
As part of our commitment we will:
- Provide a link to a tour of the building and a visual story so audiences can familiarise themselves with building and space.
- Open the house earlier than usual to allow those audience members the opportunity to arrive early, familiarise and settle in before the performance.
- Allow food and drink in to the space (though strictly no glass in performance spaces).
- Welcome and meet the characters from the production to explain the story and introduce the characters before the performance begins.
- Adjust aspects of the production’s light, sound and participation as required
- Provide a chill-out space if any member of the audience feels they need to leave the performance space.
Relaxed performances will be identified under the dates and times tab on event pages and tickets can be booked online. Alternatively if you have any questions then please get in touch or give us a call on 0300 6789 222.